Home Seller and Buyer Tips – bubbleinfo.com | bubbleinfo.com
Are you thinking of selling this year?
Here are some ideas to hopefully give you an edge in conquering what usually ends up being the 1% to 2% difference between the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!
- Our listing agreement suggests getting a home inspection prior to hitting the market. It’s a good idea; fix what’s wrong in advance, and then give buyers a copy to demonstrate your pride of ownership.
- Know where you are going to move, and only hit the open market when you are 100% committed to selling. You might get an offer the first day!
- Showing the house is inconvenient but necessary – the more you do it, the better your chances. Be ready to show the house on the day it hits the open market – and expect dozens of lookers to visit in the first 7-10 days.
- Do two things to make a great first impression; spruce up the curb appeal and insist on top-quality photos.
- Be smart about price – make it attractive, and you’ll stand out.
- Ask agents about bidding war strategies, and recent experiences. Spreading out the offers on your coffee table and picking one isn’t a strategy.
- Avoid gimmicks like range pricing or ‘coming soon’. A clean, straight-forward approach is attractive to buyers.
- Determine if a company brand name is a benefit or a crutch.
- Real estate ‘teams’ means you get passed around. Make sure to identify who handles the buyer inquiries, and that they are top-notch sales people.
- The buyers you want to attract – the ones that pay too much – are represented by lousy agents who don’t know the difference. Get Good Help – hire a listing agent who can carry any agent to the finish line.